1 – Who we are
We are Immobiliser Direct Limited, Company number 11001527 with registered office address: Unit 89, Leyland Trading Estate, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire NN8 1RF. This policy describes how we use your personal information.
We respect your privacy and value the trust you place in us when you share your personal information with us. This policy sets out how we, as data controller, collect, process, use and disclose your personal information, why we use it, with whom we share it, the rights to which you may be entitled and your choices about our use of your personal information.
This policy covers our use of your personal information arising from use of this website as well as registering for an account with us or buying / using our products and services. If you have any questions or need any further clarity please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to the address above.
2 – Your information
Data Collection and Usage
We collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example, to allow access to this website, receive information or mailings, to buy/use our products and services, make a comment, enquiry or contact our Customer Team and for other purposes set out in more detail in this section.
Team and for other purposes set out in more detail in this section.
|What we collect||How we use it|
|1||Information that you give us to make a purchase, receive information or mailings, sign up for a prize draw or competition including: ||We use this information, including to: |
|2||Information about the way you use our products and services including: ||We use this information, including to: |
|3||Information when you communicate with us whether in person, through our website or via email, over the phone, through social media or via any other medium, including: ||We use this information, including to: |
|4||Information that we collect through your use of our website including: ||We use this information, including to: |
|5||Information that we collect incidentally from other sources or public sources, including: ||We use this information, including to: |
Immobiliser Direct Ltd does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use our website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Why we collect your information
We collect and use your information for a variety of reasons. We need some information to enter into and perform our contract – for example your contact and payment details.
Some information processing is required by law due to our anti-fraud screening obligations (please see the section on Legal requirements below) or in the public interest such as making sure we verify our customers’ identities.
Some information is processed because you’ve given your consent. You can always unsubscribe from marketing communications.
Other information we collect because we have legitimate business interests, for example, in:
- Understanding how you use our products, services and website;
- Understanding and responding to your feedback;
- Researching and analysing the services you want;
- Improving our products and services;
- Understanding the type of products you buy and how you use them;
- Personalise our offers so we’re better able to provide offers and ideas that are relevant to you;
- Maintaining a public profile on both traditional and social media; or
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, partners and other companies and dealing with individuals who work for them.
Your personal information may also be processed if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defence of a legal claims. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary. It will depend on factors such as whether you have any outstanding purchases or an account with us or have interacted with recent offers.
Information we share
There are certain circumstances where we may transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and to other parties.
- We may also share your information with certain contractors or service providers who assist us in the provision of products and services we supply to you, are involved in prize draws and competitions we run or provide other services to assist with our day to day operations. They may process your personal data for us, for example, if we use a marketing agency. Other recipient’s/service providers include manufacturers, logistics/delivery providers, advertising agencies, IT specialists, database providers, backup and disaster recovery specialists or email providers.
Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide them, including your information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
- We may also share your information with certain third parties. We will do this either when we receive your consent or because we need them to see your information to provide products or services to you. These include credit reference agencies, anti-fraud databases, screening agencies and other partners we do business with.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third party organisations in certain scenarios:
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business – the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- If we are reorganised or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you;
- If we’re required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police;
- If we are defending a legal claim your information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
Your personal data may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information will cease to be personal data.
Where your information will be held
We will only transfer data to jurisdictions outside the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where the appropriate safeguards set out in the GDPR are in place.
We are happy to provide you with copies of the regulator-approved standard contractual clauses, which you can request from us using the contact details below.
3 – Your rights
Data Subject Rights
We’ve listed the rights you have over your information and how you can use them below.
These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. Some of these rights will not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
We will normally respond to or action (as applicable) requests within one month from receipt of your request. This period may be extended by 2 further months if necessary taking into account the complexity or number of requests. If this is the case, we will let you know within one month of your original request.
In general, the information or action requested will be provided free of charge. However, if requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive (or repetitive in nature) we may charge a fee (or alternatively refuse to deal with the request).
It is important that we establish that the individual right is being exercised by the correct person. Therefore, we may need to ask you for information in order to verify your identity prior to processing your request. This may include asking you to confirm certain details we hold about you (such as post code or first line of your address) or to provide proof of identification.
You have the right to make the following types of request regarding the personal data Immobiliser Direct Ltd holds about you:
- Right of access (subject access requests) – the right to request a copy of the personal data (if any) that we have concerning you and supporting information explaining how your personal data is used.
- Right of rectification – the right to request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you.
- Right of erasure (right to be forgotten) – the right, in some situations, to request that we transmit your data to you or another entity.
- Right to restrict processing – the right, in some situations, to request that we do not use the personal data you have provided (e.g. if you believe it to be inaccurate). This is intended as a temporary right until the reason for such restriction has been resolved or rectified.
- Right to data portability – the right, in some situations, to request that we transmit your data to you or another entity.
- Right to object – the right to object to certain processing of your personal data (unless we have overriding compelling grounds to continue the processing) and the right to object to direct marketing/profiling In certain circumstances, we will be exempted from responding to certain requests. We will use these exemptions to the extent appropriate.
4 – Contact us
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy please contact our Head Office at the address above.
Want to be removed from the Immobiliser Direct Ltd direct marketing list?
If you want to be removed from our email mailing list, click here to use our unsubscribe form and put in the email address that you wish to be removed. In addition, each email we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
5 – Changes to the policy
This policy may be changed from time to time and will be posted here. We encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay updated.
6 – Other policies
In addition, cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We’ve got appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures in place to protect your information against accidental or unauthorised destruction, loss, access or alteration.